Week 03 - Abiding in Hope
Life Group Questions
Read out loud to begin Life Group.
John 15:1-11 "I am the true vine, and My Father is the vine-dresser. Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit, He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit, He prunes it so that it may bear more fruit. You are already clean because of the word which I have spoken to you. Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself unless it abides in the vine, so neither can you unless you abide in Me. I am the vine, you are the branches; he who abides in Me and I in him, he bears much fruit, for apart from Me you can do nothing. If anyone does not abide in Me, he is thrown away as a branch and dries up; and they gather them, and cast them into the fire and they are burned. If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. My Father is glorified by this, that you bear much fruit, and so prove to be My disciples. Just as the Father has loved Me, I have also loved you; abide in My love. If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love; just as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love. These things I have spoken to you so that My joy may be in you, and that your joy may be made full.
1. During Sunday's message, Pastor Paul focused on verse 11. Were you able to make the connection between hope and joy? If so, do you see people in your life that have no joy? What does lack of joy really mean for them and how can you help that change in their life?
2. "Hope give us purpose, power, and confidence to accomplish the mission with clarity."
- What is your purpose?
- Do you have the power to accomplish your purpose?
- Do you have the confidence to operate in that power?
- Do you have a mission and is it clear?
It would be great for each person to share on this set of questions.
3. "No Cause, but Christ. No Cure, but the Cross. No Community, but the Church." Do you believe this? If so, how are you living out these truths in your life so that the whole world can see?
Abiding in the Vine
Come Join Us!
SUNDAY MORNING SERVICES
9:00AM and 10:45AM
We currently meet at Exley Elementary at 21800 Westheimer Parkway, Katy, TX 77450. See location and directions below.
WEDNESDAY NIGHTS 7:00 PM (Life Groups)