Week 01 - Return to Fruitfulness
Life Group Questions
1. "Fruitfulness comes through abiding; abiding is action; and action our calling." We are called to be a people of action. What have you done to put your Christianity into action this week?
2. The word 'abide' is used 10 times in John 15:1-17. What do you believe Jesus is trying to get us to understand? What would that be specifically for you?
3. During the message, Pastor Paul stated that we are to abide in Love, Hope, Discipleship, and Liberty. Which area do you need God to help you in and why?
4. Share with your Life Group what the "Vine/Christ" means to you. Express why you love Him!
Abiding In The Vine
Fruitfulness comes through abiding, abiding is action and action our calling.
- I am the Bread of Life
I am the bread of life.
- I am the Light of the World
Then Jesus again spoke to them, saying, “I am the Light of the world; he who follows Me will not walk in the darkness, but will have the Light of life.”
- I am the Door
I am the door; if anyone enters through Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture.
- I am the Good Shepard
I am the good shepherd; the good shepherd lays down His life for the sheep.
- I am the Resurrection and the Life
Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life; he who believes in Me will live even if he dies,
- I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life
Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.
I am the True Vine
“I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser. 2 Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit, He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit, He prunes it so that it may bear more fruit. 3 You are already clean because of the word which I have spoken to you. 4 Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself unless it abides in the vine, so neither can you unless you abide in Me. 5 I am the vine, you are the branches; he who abides in Me and I in him, he bears much fruit, for apart from Me you can do nothing. 6 If anyone does not abide in Me, he is thrown away as a branch and dries up; and they gather them, and cast them into the fire and they are burned. 7 If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. 8 My Father is glorified by this, that you bear much fruit, and so prove to be My disciples. 9 Just as the Father has loved Me, I have also loved you; abide in My love. 10 If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love; just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and abide in His love. 11 These things I have spoken to you so that My joy may be in you, and that your joy may be made full. 12 “This is My commandment, that you love one another, just as I have loved you. 13 Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends. 14 You are My friends if you do what I command you. 15 No longer do I call you slaves, for the slave does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things that I have heard from My Father I have made known to you. 16 You did not choose Me but I chose you, and appointed you that you would go and bear fruit, and that your fruit would remain, so that whatever you ask of the Father in My name He may give to you. 17 This I command you, that you love one another.
Abiding In The Vine
- 1st, 7th abiding is “doing something in the future that is a simple action”
- 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 8th, 9th abiding is “a continuous and repeated action without implying anything but the time of the action”
- 4th abiding is “expressing continuous or repeated action”
- 6th, 10th abiding is “a simple undefined action, this tense indicates that the action has not occurred, but should as quickly as possible”
“For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourself it is the gift of God not as a result of works, that no one should boast. For we are His workmanship created in Christ Jesus for good works which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.”
Unfaltering Love for the Vine. V.9
Focused Hope in the Vine. V.11
Unquestioned Discipline to the Vine. V.8
Extreme Liberties because of the Vine. V.16
Abiding in the Vine
Come Join Us!
SUNDAY MORNING SERVICES
9:00AM and 10:45AM
We currently meet at Exley Elementary at 21800 Westheimer Parkway, Katy, TX 77450. See location and directions below.
WEDNESDAY NIGHTS 7:00 PM (Life Groups)