Life Group Questions
Relativism, The Religion of Our Culture
Let no one say when he is tempted, “I am tempted by God”; for God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does He Himself tempt anyone. But each one is tempted when he is drawn away by his own desires and enticed. Then, when desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, brings forth death. Do not be deceived, my beloved brethren. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning.
1. James tells us, “Do not be deceived”. Have we as a society become deceived into believing that morality should be a forgotten concept in our culture today? If yes, explain how we have been deceived.
2. Pastor Paul said that, “Temptation has a Cause, Course and Caution.” Which of these points was the most convicting for you and why?
3. In listening to the illustration of the bass that took the bait, we saw the internal source connect with the external force. How have you seen this play out in your life?
4. Give some Biblical characters that had selfish desires and made a sinful decision which led to a sore defeat.
5. How do you plan on applying the message to your life?
A Journey Through James
Come Join Us!
SUNDAY MORNING SERVICES
9:00AM and 10:45AM
We currently meet at Exley Elementary at 21800 Westheimer Parkway, Katy, TX 77450. See location and directions below.
WEDNESDAY NIGHTS 7:00 PM (Life Groups)