Week 07 - Live the Golden Rule
Life Group Questions
1. Share a story of how you or someone you know has seen success in an area of their life by living the Golden Rule.
2. Nick stated in his message, "Life is an echo, what we give out is what we get back." Explain how this has been true in your life.
3. Truth #1 was: "You treat people the way you see them." How can you begin to apply this truth in your life? Is there someone in your life you can start seeing differently and in turn begin to treat them differently?
4. Nick spoke on the power of the tongue and using our words as prophetic vision for others' lives. Name some practical ways you can begin to use what you speak to give life and vision to others.
5. Truth #2 – "Different treatment equals different results." What are the areas in your life that you want to begin to see different results?
Live The Golden Rule
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
What we give out is what we will get back!
1. You will treat people the same way that you see them.
“If you look for the good in people, expecting to find it, you surely will.”
Power of the tongue
Proverbs 18:21 - “Death and Life are in the power of the tongue.”
“Sticks and stones can break my bones, but words can never hurt me.”
2. Different treatment brings different results.
Dr. Robert Rosenthal: lab rats experiment
Effect of our thoughts about others
Old church organist
-“I almost didn’t give him the key.”
-Johann Sebastian Bach
-“What if I didn’t give him the key?”
True Story of man on NYC Subway
-“I forgot to get my pencil.”
-“You and I are no different. I’m a businessman, too.”
-“I saw myself differently from that day forward.”
“The way we see people is the way we will treat them, the way we treat them is the kind of results we will get.”
Ten Characteristics of Successful People
Come Join Us!
SUNDAY MORNINGS 10:45 AM (Main Service)
We currently meet at Exley Elementary at 21800 Westheimer Parkway, Katy, TX 77450. See location and directions below.
WEDNESDAY NIGHTS 7:00 PM (Life Groups)