Week 02 - Abiding in Love
“Live in me. Make your home in me just as I do in you. In the same way that a branch can’t bear grapes by itself but only by being joined to the vine, you can’t bear fruit unless you are joined with me. (The Message)
Starts with our salvation experience
- Make Him Lord
- Receive Holy Spirit
- All my sins were forgiven
Then we have to work out our salvation
- Accept His forgiveness
- Get to know the Holy Spirit
- Change to become Christ-centered
- Build a personal relationship with God
- Now we can abide/remain/live in Christ
“I am the Vine, you are the branches. When you’re joined with me and I with you, the relation intimate and organic, the harvest is sure to be abundant. Separated, you can’t produce a thing. Anyone who separates from me is deadwood, gathered up and thrown on the bonfire. But if you make yourselves at home with me and my words are at home in you, you can be sure that whatever you ask will be listened to and acted upon. This is how my Father shows who he is—when you produce grapes, when you mature as my disciples. (The Message)
- Intimate and organic relationship with Christ
- We are depending on Him (Christ-centered)
- Make yourself at home
- When we are doing this God hears and honors our requests
“I’ve loved you the way my Father has loved me. Make yourselves at home in my love. If you keep my commands, you’ll remain intimately at home in my love. That’s what I’ve done—kept my Father’s commands and made myself at home in his love. (The Message)
- Love is a simple concept
- Loving another is complex
- We give love to another
- We receive love from another
- God loves you
- Do you really love God?
“I’ve told you these things for a purpose: that my joy might be your joy, and your joy wholly mature. This is my command: Love one another the way I loved you. This is the very best way to love. Put your life on the line for your friends. You are my friends when you do the things I command you. I’m no longer calling you servants because servants don’t understand what their master is thinking and planning. No, I’ve named you friends because I’ve let you in on everything I’ve heard from the Father.
- Joy complete
- Must love one another the way Christ loves you
- We become friends not servants
- Christ will let us know what He is doing
“But remember the root command: Love one another. (The Message)
- No surprise here!
- Simple, direct and straight forward
- No getting around it!
- Will I love others and will I allow them to love me
Choices in Love
- Will you live in Christ?
- Will I let Christ love me?
- Let Christ love you through others?
- Will you truly love Christ?
- Through others?
Abiding in the Vine
Come Join Us!
9:00AM and 10:45AM (Main Service)
We currently meet at Exley Elementary at 21800 Westheimer Parkway, Katy, TX 77450. See location and directions below.
WEDNESDAY NIGHTS 7:00 PM (Life Groups)