Week 14 - Setting Up the Next Generation for Success
Life Group Questions
1. Romans 5:17 says we will reign in life. What are you doing to set the next generation up for success and help them reign in their life?
2. Are you optimistic about the next generation? Why?
3. What are you saying/speaking to the next generation to let them know they are worth investing into?
4. As you think about the entire series that we just completed, what is the biggest thing you have received from the messages?
5. How will you use the teachings from this series in your life?
Setting Up The Next Generation For Success
For if by the transgression of the one, death reigned through the one, much more those who receive the abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness will reign in life through the One, Jesus Christ.
I Chron. 22:6
Then he called for his son Solomon and charged him to build a house for the Lord, the God of Israel.
I Chron. 28:8 (NIV)
"So now I charge you in the sight of all Israel and of the assembly of the LORD, and in the hearing of our God: Be careful to follow all the commands of the LORD your God, that you may possess this good land and pass it on as an inheritance to your descendants forever."
- Divine destiny, dignity, and dominion
1. We must impart a sense of worth in Christ to our children.
Behold, children are a gift of the Lord, The fruit of the womb is a reward.
A good man leaves an inheritance to his children's children, But the wealth of the sinner is stored up for the righteous.
1 Timothy 5:8
But if anyone does not provide for his own, and especially for those of his household, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.
2. We must teach our children how to walk in Kingdom authority as they are being led by the Holy Spirit.
And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this Rock I will build my Church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
“It is easier to maintain conquered ground than to retake surrendered ground.”
3. We must teach our children to be gracious givers to God’s Kingdom for its expansion generation after generation!
The Davidic Principle:
If you are giving while you're living you'll be knowing where it's going!
"Our fears have taught us that to give anything is to be left with less. But the best things in life come from giving.
But the eleven disciples proceeded to Galilee, to the mountain which Jesus had designated. 17 When they saw Him, they worshiped Him; but some were doubtful. 18 And Jesus came up and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. 19 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”
2 Corinthians 6:2
“today is the day of salvation”
A – Admit you are a sinner in need of a Savior.
1 John 1:9
If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
B – Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ
If you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved;
C – Confess Jesus as Lord
“Therefore everyone who confesses Me before men, I will also confess him before My Father who is in heaven.
Reigning in Life
Come Join Us!
SUNDAY MORNINGS 10:45 AM (Main Service)
We currently meet at Exley Elementary at 21800 Westheimer Parkway, Katy, TX 77450. See location and directions below.
WEDNESDAY NIGHTS 7:00 PM (Life Groups)