Life Group Questions
Key Verse: James 5:7-12
Therefore be patient, brethren, until the coming of the Lord. The farmer waits for the precious produce of the soil, being patient about it, until it gets the early and late rains. You too be patient; strengthen your hearts, for the coming of the Lord is near. Do not complain, brethren, against one another, so that you yourselves may not be judged; behold, the Judge is standing right at the door. As an example, brethren, of suffering and patience, take the prophets who spoke in the name of the Lord. We count those blessed who endured. You have heard of the endurance of Job and have seen the outcome of the Lord's dealings, that the Lord is full of compassion and is merciful.
But above all, my brethren, do not swear, either by heaven or by earth or with any other oath; but your yes is to be yes, and your no, no, so that you may not fall under judgment.
1. Why does it seem to be so difficult for us as Christians to Look Up and Be Calm?
2. Let's get real with each other tonight!
Matthew 28:18-19, Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,"
We have been given authority! So, why do we choose not to walk in the "authority" God has given us?
3. Pastor Paul stated, "Look In; Be Clean." Do you find yourself taking responsibility for your own actions and faults, or do you shift the blame to someone else? (Co-worker, children, spouse, parents, or friend)
4. "What we profess on Sunday, we should practice on Monday." How did this statement challenge you?
5. What is an area in your life you need to start speaking to?
A Journey Through James
Come Join Us!
9:00AM and 10:45AM (Main Service)
We currently meet at Exley Elementary at 21800 Westheimer Parkway, Katy, TX 77450. See location and directions below.
WEDNESDAY NIGHTS 7:00 PM (Life Groups)